Staff Accountant (Supervisor) Assurance
Our hiring partner for this role is one of the largest public accounting firms in the Niagara/Hamilton/Halton region with offices spanning from Burlington to Welland. They value their clients and taking care of their unique needs is what drives their business. As part of the team, you will realize that nothing is trivial when working with this company. They have the experience to handle any situation from complex mergers and acquisitions to assisting new entrepreneurs through the many facets of starting a small business. The hiring company does all this while remaining personally involved with their clients and the communities where we work and live.
As one of Hamilton-Niagara’s Top 100 Employers for 2024 and one of Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers for 2023, they lead in offering employees an exceptional place to work. Employee benefits include:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Flexible work-life balance and summer hours
- Professional development, learning, and growth support
- A variety of community involvement opportunities
Their Burlington office has an immediate opening for a full-time Staff Accountant (Supervisor), Assurance.
Reporting to Partners and Managers, you will be responsible for:
- Independently, or under supervision, preparing financial statements and working papers for audit engagements;
- Act as an in-charge in leading review and audit engagements with junior staff members;
- Independently preparing financial statements and working papers for review and compilation engagements;
- Preparing corporate and personal income tax returns.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in a public accounting practice
- Chartered Professional Accountant Designation (CPA) or successful completion of the CFE with 1 to 3 years experience in a senior/intermediate role with leading audit and review engagements full cycle
- Thorough understanding of Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE) and Canadian Auditing Standards (CAS)
- Good understanding of and experience with Canadian income taxation
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
If you are a confident, dedicated and hard-working professional who is motivated to achieve high standards of quality service and value to clients, we would love to hear from you!