About the Company
Our client, a firm of skilled accountants, are problem solvers, first and foremost. Finding innovative solutions to the most difficult challenges is what makes their firm unique. That’s why they excel at providing accounting for entrepreneurs and owners.
Located in Markham, ON, our client is one of the GTA’s leading accounting firms for entrepreneurs. Over the past 50 years, they’ve provided business owners and operators with a strategic, simplified and holistic approach that addresses all professional and personal accounting, financial and tax-planning needs.
We’re looking to fill full-time Senior Accountants positions with experience in accounting, tax, financial advisory, estate planning, corporate restructuring and risk advisory. Successful candidates will have:
- Proven experience managing assurance engagements including the planning, fieldwork and supervision of staff in a mid-sized firm.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of ASPE, ASNFPO and CAS.
- Excel in building client relationships, lead a team of energetic professionals and ensure accounting work gets completed accurately and on time.
- Oversee the preparation of audit, review and compilation working papers along with financial statements and appropriate disclosures all in accordance with GAAP.
- Ensure that corporate, trust and personal income tax returns are accurately prepared.
- Oversee your team’s preparation of special reports, financial forecasts or projects as per client requests.
- Lead by example in training and mentoring your staff and developing and upholding firm standards.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics or equivalent experience
- CPA designation and member in good standing
- 3+ years of experience in accounting, tax, financial advisory, estate planning, corporate restructuring and risk advisory.
- Proficient in Caseware and knowledge of Jazz
- Work remotely 2 or 3 days a week