This Toronto-based accounting firm is driven by seeing their clients thrive Their goal is to be the trusted advisory partner you can count on to help manage challenges, seize opportunities and, ultimately, grow your business. Whether you require specific accounting services or you’re looking for complete business advisory support and guidance, they're here to help their clients with exactly what they need.
You have a minimum of five years of progressive accounting experience, preferably in a similar work environment, and a fundamental knowledge of accounting practices and principles. You are self‑driven, organized, have strong communication skills and an impeccable attention to detail.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the completion and review of assurance engagements, tax engagements and financial statements in accordance with Firm standards for clients in a variety of businesses and industries.
- Effectively communicate within our team, with clients, and relevant government agencies.
- Build positive working relationships with clients and other members of the team and respond to requests and suggestions.
- Review personal tax returns, trust returns, T4, T5, GST/HST returns and other relevant information returns.
- Hold responsibility for the full scope of file completion.
- Identify accounting or tax issues and consult with more senior team members as needed.
- Assist with the training, development and supervision of more junior members of the team.
- Identify new business opportunities with existing clients as well as prospecting new business opportunities.
- Complete additional projects or related duties as required.
- A University degree or College diploma in a relevant field.
- A minimum of five (5) years of Canadian public accounting experience including the preparation of personal taxes.
- Work experience in a similar environment is a strong asset.
- Strong analytical and problem‑solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional client service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team environment.
- Excellent computer skills, with experience using CaseWare, Taxprep and MS Office (including Excel and Word).
Culture, Perks and Benefits:
- Continuous professional development
- Competitive compensation ($95,000 to $130,000)
- Flexible hybrid/ remote work options