Senior Staff Accountant
Accounting & Finance
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2024
This Toronto-based accounting firm is driven by seeing their clients thrive Their goal is to be the trusted advisory partner you can count on to help manage challenges, seize opportunities and, ultimately, grow your business. Whether you require specific accounting services or you’re looking for complete business advisory support and guidance, they're here to help their clients with exactly what they need.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Preparation of financial statements and tax returns in accordance with Firm standards for clients in a variety of businesses and industries.
- Perform assurance and accounting engagements and projects as required, prepare working papers and financial statements per regulatory standards.
- Effectively communicate within our team, with clients, and relevant government agencies.
- Build positive working relationships with clients and other members of the team and respond to requests and suggestions.
- Prepare and review personal tax returns.
- Preparation of T4, T5, GST/HST returns and other relevant information returns.
- Preparation of T3 – Trust returns.
- Hold responsibility for the full scope of file completion.
- Identify accounting or tax issues and consult with senior team members as needed.
- Assist with the training, development and supervision of more junior members of the team.
- Identify new business opportunities with existing clients as well as prospecting new business opportunities.
- Complete additional projects or related duties as required.
- A University degree or College diploma in a relevant field.
- You have completed or are currently working towards your CPA designation.
- A minimum of three (3) years of public accounting experience including the preparation of personal and corporate tax returns.
- Work experience in a similar environment is a strong asset.
- Strong analytical and problem‑solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional client service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team environment.
- Excellent computer skills, with experience using CaseWare, Taxprep and MS Office (including Excel and Word).
Culture, Perks and Benefits:
- Continuous professional development
- Competitive compensation ($70,000 - $95,000)
- Flexible hybrid/ remote work options