Machine Learning Developer
Role: Machine Learning Developer
Location: Remote (Ontario)
Duration: Feb 2024 - May 2024
Who we are:
Having access to simplified medical information in a language that's most relevant to patients can help improve patients' health outcomes. MedInclude empowers patients (and caregivers) by transcribing complicated medical information into lay terminology and multiple languages.
MedInclude is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Machine Learning Developer to join our team. The ideal candidate should have a strong background in machine learning and software development. As a Machine Learning Developer, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining machine learning models and algorithms to solve complex problems and enhance our software solutions.
Who you are:
- You are passionate about improving systems to make them more equitable
- Being part of something new excites you
- You are self-driven and also comfortable working within a team
The skills you bring:
- Full-Stack and Front-End web development skill integrating modern UX frameworks
- Framework integration, development, API integration, and system testing
- Familiarity with configuring and deployment on public cloud
- Knowledge of cloud computing platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP) is a plus
The background you have:
- Strong understanding of machine learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, or scikit-learn
- Proven experience in developing and deploying machine learning models in real-world applications
- Experience building user-friendly platforms with software design and coding projects
- Experience integrating and translating user perspective/feedback into design
- Experience working in a startup environment is a plus
What you’ll do:
- Design, train, evaluate, deploy, and fine-tune machine learning models using appropriate techniques and frameworks
- Integrate machine learning models into existing software systems and APIs to ensure seamless deployment.
- Write efficient and scalable code, conduct code reviews, and optimize algorithms for performance
- Design, implement, and optimize machine learning models and algorithms to solve complex problems.
- Brainstorm with team members on technical best practices and knowledge transfer of design patterns
- Troubleshoot and debug machine learning and software issues to ensure the reliability and performance of deployed solutions
MedInclude is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from applicants who identify as Black, Indigenous, Latinx or Latin American, 2SLGTBQ+, and people with disabilities. We really look forward to hearing from you.
This role is funded, in part, by the Black Founders Network (BFN) Career Advancement Program supported by the Ministry of Citizenship & Multiculturalism and their Black Youth Action Plan (BYAP) which works towards eliminating systemic, race-based disparities by increasing opportunities for Black youth across the province. Therefore, to be eligible for this role, applicants must self-identify as Black, be between 18 – 35years old, be based in Ontario, and register to join the BFN Talent Network (click here to register).